PERSONNEL LICENSING SECTION
- Provision for drafting and recommendation of amendment of regulations relation to the training and licensing of airmen;
- Assessment and approval of applications for airmen licenses and ratings and the issue of airmen’s licenses and ratings to qualified applicants;
- Validation of licenses and ratings issued by other contracting states;
- Certification and continued surveillance of approved aviation training organizations;
- Provision for recording the collection of fees for examinations, flight or practical tests, issuance services to Approved Training Organizations and the services performed for which charges may be prescribed;
- Recommendation on the approval or designation of and supervision of individuals or organizations delegated to perform specific tasks related to licensing of airmen.
- Licences and Validation are issued on the basis of the applicant holding a similar Certificate or rating issued by an ICAO contracting State.
- For the issuance of a Ghana Pilot Licence, the applicant will be subject to an Air Law written Examination.
- Certificates of Validation are issued to those applicants who are required to act as flight crew on Ghana registered aircraft being operated in the Private and Commercial Category.
AIRMEN EXAMINATION COMMITTEE
- Development and design of written examination of airmen;
- Participation in skills surveillance and control of airmen;
- Administration of the written examination for airmen;
OFFICE OF AVIATION MEDICINE
- Determination of the medical fitness of airmen license applicants;
- Issuance of airmen medical certificate to qualified applicants;
- Management of Designated Aviation Medical Examiner Program;
- Participation in the conduct of aircraft accident/incident investigation when required;
COMPUTER BASED TESTING FOR AERONAUTICAL PERSONNEL
The Computer Based Testing is one of the three critical elements required for the issuance of direct licenses to Flight crew, Air Traffic Controller, Flight Operations Officers, Aircraft Maintenance Engineers as well as Cabin crew certificates in accordance with international and nationally accepted standards.
The purpose is to test the integrity of aeronautical personnel in the knowledge area prescribed in ICAO Annex 1 and the Ghana Civil Aviation Regulatory requirements prior to the issuance of a license and/ or rating.
Computer-based Test are held at the Personnel Licensing Office on these days of the week;
Tuesdays 10am and 1pm
Thursdays 10am and 1pm
CHECKLISTS & APPLICATION FORMS